The Interdisciplinary Thermal Science (ITS) Lab, established in 2013, is affiliated with the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Colorado State University (CSU).
The ITS Lab seeks to advance thermal-energy systems beyond the current state-of-the-art.
Current research includes:
- Ultra-efficient turbo-compression cooling for power plants
- Thermal management of high heat flux electronic devices
- Thermal management of lithium-ion batteries
- Engine waste heat recovery
- Physical and electrochemical characterization of commercial lithium-ion batteries
- Fuel reforming
- Alternative energy storage